Before you proceed, have you considered Joining Naija Corps Network?
We all go through lots of hassle in life and no one can predict what could happen, some occasions the situation is beyond what you can comprehend, all you have to do is to look for a way out. However, there are situations where you must have misplaced some of your credentials. The NYSC certificate is as important as your Degree certificate, It is compulsory for getting a job in this our beloved country as it serves as evidence that you have served your fatherland Nigeria. Most organizations demand it before they offer you a job as it is necessary by law.
As said earlier, there are circumstances like fire, theft, misplacement, etc. that could cause a person to lose his or her NYSC certificate. The National Youth Service Corp management has a policy of not allowing anyone to reprint lost certificates but issues a letter of confirmation instead.
In the case of loss or theft or any unforeseen situations, here are the necessary steps to be taken for the replacement:
1. Get a Police Report, I bet you already know how to do that? else you walk into any police station and inquire.
2. Use the report to get a Court affidavit. Like the above, take the police report and walk into any Court to request an affidavit.
3. Get a letter of introduction from your discharged state of service. This means the state where you completed your NYSC.
4. Provide a copy of the lost certificate if you have it, if you have a photocopy or scanned copy of the lost certificate print it out and present it.
5. Write a letter of request and address it to the NYSC DG, explain yourself and your request but for more content don’t hesitate to ask from your discharged state of service what the right content of the letter should be.
6. Submit the letter with the aforementioned documents to the NYSC headquarters in Abuja.